Go to our artifact gallery to view more artifacts.
This cast-iron ornament with faux sandstone finish was from the third-floor exterior of the Abington Building on SW 3rd between Washington St. and Harvey Milk St. Jerry Bosco and Ben Milligan salvaged dozens of objects from the c.1887 building before it was demolished in 1967. (1988.11.15)
This is a concept plan for the redevelopment of Ross Island and Oaks Park as a new Exposition and Recreation facility. It’s from a 1955 report by the Portland City Planning Commission. (AHC 2019.2.93)