The Historic Resources Code Project (HRCP) proposes changes to the City of Portland’s regulations for identifying, designating, protecting, and reusing historic places. You can read the draft HRCP proposal, released in July 2021, here. The draft will go before the Portland City Council on November 3.
Share stories or general ideas
The HRCP is extensive, but the ideas you share don’t need to be about specific items in the proposal. Your stories, concerns, and ideas about Portland’s historic places matter, and the city wants to hear them. You don’t have to be an expert!
- Are places important to your culture at risk of being demolished?
- Are you frustrated that new and expensive housing is replacing older, affordable housing?
- Do you worry your historic apartment complex is at risk?
- Are you concerned that constant demolition is contributing to climate change?
- Do you have story about the history of your home, apartment, or neighborhood?
Take a moment to write a few sentences to let city leaders know that you are concerned about our historic places and why.